Monday, August 11, 2008

#7 Lova Budy Budy, Hate Breed Whoa-oh!


(Click Image To Enlarge)

I like The Misfits, but I don't think real lyrics have ever done detriment to a musician's career either. As far as Danzig is concerned... That's something he might want to think about next time he's belting out Whoa Whoa's.

Anyway, you may have noticed that Sam changed his hair style for this strip. This change in style is the result of a weekend bender composed almost entirely of PBR and Jimmy Eats World and Alkaline Trio. All that beer and reflective music made him feel a little ashamed of the fact that his hair advertised the ownership of Sum 41's entire catalog as part of his personal music collection, and so he decided to change his hair to a style that reflected the fact that he had requested "Fatally Yours" off of Good Morning for him and his date at the High School prom. Yeah basically he wanted to look more Emo; partly becuase looking like a jerk is in, but more so becuase the swoopy hair due is easier and more fun to draw then the spiky tapper hawk he had before. I think the new due fits his personality better as well so its probably here to stay.

I other news, I took a short trip to Door County this weekend to do a little camping and get some fresh air. While I was driving around I channel surfed in the hopes of finding some good driving music. I came across 4 country and 2 Christian rock stations and was beginning to ponder what the stats where for incident of murder/suicides in the area when I stumble upon some sanity in 106.9 The Lodge. It's not quite The Zone, but when your out in the middle of no where with nothing to listen to but the voices in your own head it, will most likely keep you from ax-murdering your family and dumping their bodies in the quarry. The station has quite the variety of music and maintains a consistent "chill" vibe regardless of what's playing. I was able to listen to it the whole time I was up there with out having the urge to switch stations to avoid 3 minutes of something horrible like Puddle Of Mudd or Shinedown (a almost constant problem that I have with The Zone). Between getting to hear "Supernatural, Superserious" by REM followed by the new Sharl Crow single (Motivated I think its called. IDK, its about rich kids and how very much of a bunch of whiny little bitches they are), in addition to their Mandatory Marley segments each day, I found the entire listening experience very enjoyable and satisfying. If you can stand music that doesn't beat you to death with double bass kicks or lacks enough distortion to chock an ox, then I'd give the station a listen, I think you might enjoy the change of pace they offer from your average radio fair.

No comments: