Friday, August 29, 2008

#15 Who's Better, Green Day or Green Day?


(Click Image To Enlarge)

I have very broad tastes in music, and as a result, I have a lot of friends who have to bare with me as I drown on about bands they neither understand or could care less about. The above comic is what I'd like to think would happen if I really pressed it, and tried to draw a friend into a conversation about a band they really hate. I love Green Day, but I've met very few people who feel the same as I do.

Green Day has gone through a lot of changes in their career but have been able to maintain a consistent following despite their multiple metamorphosises. I think this speaks ultimately to their credibility as artists. From simple beginning, as one of hundreds of faceless cali-pop punk bands to Alt-Rock behemoth, they’ve shown themselves time and time again to be a talented and innovative group that will continue to shift their artistic focus to reach new heights and smash expectations… All praise aside though, I was little disappointed with American Idiot. I don't know if I'd enjoy another Rock Opera by them, and I'm not sure that medium exactly fits they're particular style. I wish they would have continued the Alt. Folk rock thing they had going on Warning, but alas, they had other callings. *le Sigh* One can always dream for a Warning II.

No review this week, but I’ll be sure to have one up next Thursday. Have a good weekend!

No comments: