Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sam's Shiny New Soulmate





(Click Images to View in Full)

So there you have it. Sam's found himself a girlfriend. Awwww.

And just when you didn't think Noise Pollution could get anymore pretentious we throw in a health dose of philosophy. What's next? A discussion of classical Greek architecture? Heaven forbid! Actually this comic was probably my favorite to write and draw out of all the strip I've done in the past month owing to the subject matter. For one, anybody who's studied Existentialism knows its next to impossible to find some one with an opinion similar to your own when it comes to either Nietzsche or Sartre; and secondly, its always been a fantasy of mine to be accosted by a beautiful indie girl, only to have her talk up some philosophy to me and then whisk me off my feet to a near by hotel room or rest stop bathroom (I'm not picky). Seeing as I'm over 6'5" and 240 pounds, I doubt there will ever be any whisking though. Also I live in Green Bay, WI; one of the great intellectual dead zones of the mid-west, so the likelihood of me having a stipulating conversation about philosophy here has about the same probability as getting struck by lighting on a sunny day. Needless to say, I wont be holding my breath.

Sorry the comic is so late btw, my computer and scanner were acting up. Otherwise I would have had them up on time.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe. :)

And there can be tons of whisking. If you date Ms. Universe or something.
But, daydreaming always gets you what you want. No harm in that.

Michael Bloom said...

That's me. Always with my head in the clouds. =)

Anonymous said...

Its a great place to be.
Certainly much better than down here on Earth.