Tuesday, January 13, 2009

See You Next Fall


(Click Image To View in Full)

This is an adaptation of one of my favorite scene jokes. I actually had to draw this one twice becuase I felt the first rendition of the kids hitting the sidewalk and the aftermath was a little too gruesome and detracted from the jok to much. Granted the current version is still a little visceral, but the cartoony splat and giblet piles, I feel, are a definite improvement. Maybe if I was going for the Avan-Grade, Ingmar Bergman, ironic/tragic angle for the joke it might have worked, but I don't think this is THAT type of a comic strip.

Also, I had a comic dedicated to me earlier today. Check out Lappy and Don's Office Adventures, its really one of the better comics hosted on Smack Jeeves: http://lappyanddon.smackjeeves.com/comics/534556/music-tastes-like-chicken/

Sorry this one is late. It was a hectic weekend and I really didn't have much time for anything other then sleep and restroom breaks, so I wasn't able to get a start on it until Monday afternoon. For anyone who's used GIMP before you'll know what I mean when I say that it is a sweaty butt to work with. It took me forever finish this comic, but it's done and that's what counts! See you all Friday!

No comments: