Monday, January 5, 2009

Sam's Shiny New Soulmate III



(Click Image to View in Full)
I really wanted to post this strip on Friday, but I got caught up in other things an never got around to it. I'm really hoping to make up for it by posting 3 comics this week (Mon, Weds, Fri), but no guarantees. Sorry.

I went to our Christian Coffee house/ concert venue here in town, for the first time ever, this weekend to see Flatfoot 56 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91RYVkNd9tI). I had never been there before becuase I'm not a christian, (and honestly, get a little weirded out by religious folk in general) but Flatfoot was playing, and if you want to see punk bands in Green Bay, WI; you kinda have to take what you can get. It was weird though. Everyone prayed before the music started, and then when the band started playing the place turned into a huge mosh. I even got caught up in a circle pit. I've never been part of a circle pit in Green Bay before. It was crazy. Who thought you'd have to go to a christian venue to find a rowdy crowd in Mid-western Wisconsin. Not me. =P

No comments: