Monday, March 16, 2009

Spirit of the Radio... Broadcasting Television

Photobucket
(Click Image to View in Full)
Depending on what you're drinking, I'm sure you could enjoy some Tv on the Toaster as well, or at the very least, some Radio on the Blender.

TV on The Radio is sorta my thing right now as far a music obsessions go. That being said, I think this strip might exhaust all the material I have pertaining to them right now. It's sorta sad considering how much I actually listen to them.

My favorite performance of theirs so far is the one they did for Colbert about a month ago:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/218126/february-09-2009/tv-on-the-radio---dancing-choose

(If you want to watch the video you'll have to sit through a freakin' commercial first, just a head up =P)

To be perfectly honest, I'm sorta surprised at how big they're getting. It seems like every other time I turn on the Tv they're doing a guest spot or interview for someone. Not that I'm complaining though. I'm always happy see Indie bands get the recognition they deserve. Recognition that eludes far to many all to often. I just hope they don't get sassy and start talking like they're bigger then Jesus... Because from what I understand this Jesus fellow is pretty popular, and that kind of talk might be a little presumptuous at this point.

No comments: