Monday, May 4, 2009

Damaged

Photobucket
(Click Image To View in Full)

Damaged is MY favorite Black Flag album. What's yours? (If you don't have one, feel free to second my selection as the best... cause you know I'm always write about these things... in my sick and fevered mind!)

It occurred to me recently that I really don't do enough plugging of other people's comics. This made me feel like a bit of jerk when it occurred to me 'cause other people plug mine all the time. Watch what I do about it now...

First I'd like to say READ UNICELLULAR! (http://unicellular.smackjeeves.com/comics/) It's pretty much just a good time all round. Corny and strangely informative, it's a classic style web-comic except all the characters are microscopic organisms instead of 20 something wastiods like Questionable Content or my own dubious offerings. Plus, Tom is a really righteous dude, and has a thing for bad puns which I TOTALLY appreciate.

The next is The Hub (http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Hub/?p=535403). I can honest say I've never seen anything quite like it before. The art is just grand and boast an insane amount of detail. Also, despite its surreal setting, it's seriously relateable. Some of the conversations Hyena writes for her characters remind me of many a conversion I've had in real life. Tone is spot on for that type of thing. Also the author has a similar affection for punk rock as myself, which is a-ok in my book. =D

That's it for the plugs at the moment, I'll have more come Friday. See you then!

No comments: